Corporate Social Responsibility
CSR is our corporate conscience. It’s about looking after our people and creating working environments where they can learn and develop. It’s about making sure we minimise our negative impacts, while maximising on what we can positively contribute. It’s about giving back, investing in the local communities we work in. It’s about making a difference.
We have recognised four priority areas within Unicard where we strive to make this difference.
- Each year, the Unicard team nominate and vote for our Charity of the Year. We will pledge to support this charity over the course of the year in a number of ways, including fundraisers and volunteer days.
- However, we don’t stop there. We encourage and empower our team to use and develop their skills through community volunteering. We allow our team members 2 days of special leave every year to support this.
Our Charity of the Year 2022/23
Dorset Mind UK
Unicard are pleased to announce our chosen charity for this year, Dorset Mind UK. Look out for updates on our fundraising activities over the next 12 months.
Local charity Dorset Mind educates, challenges mental health stigma and inequality, and encourages recovery by empowering individuals to develop resilience.
Their 1-2-1 and group support includes active monitoring (CBT-type coaching), befriending, counselling, mentoring and a wide range of support groups. These help people regain social skills and develop confidence.
The charity also delivers educational wellbeing programmes for schools and workplaces and provide volunteer opportunities across all areas of the organisation.
For more details, see dorsetmind.uk.
4. Responsible Trading
- We control our supply chain carefully and are committed to maintaining high standards amongst all our suppliers.
- We firmly oppose any forced labour, human trafficking, exploitation of young people or any other form of harassment or abuse.
- We undertake all reasonable and practical steps to ensure that these standards are maintained.