Corporate Social Responsibility
CSR is our corporate conscience. It’s about looking after our people and creating working environments where they can learn and develop. It’s about making sure we minimise our negative impacts, while maximising on what we can positively contribute. It’s about giving back, investing in the local communities we work in. It’s about making a difference.
We have recognised four priority areas within Unicard where we strive to make this difference.
- Each year, the Unicard team nominate and vote for our Charity of the Year. We will pledge to support this charity over the course of the year in a number of ways, including fundraisers and volunteer days.
- However, we don’t stop there. We encourage and empower our team to use and develop their skills through community volunteering. We allow our team members 2 days of special leave every year to support this.
Our Charity of the Year 2021/22
The Trussell Trust
This year, we are proud to be fundraising in aid of The Trussell Trust. Stay tuned for updates on our upcoming events and activities.
The Trussell Trust support a nationwide network of food banks. Together, they provide emergency food and support to people locked in poverty, and campaign for change to end the need for food banks in the UK.
4. Responsible Trading
- We control our supply chain carefully and are committed to maintaining high standards amongst all our suppliers.
- We firmly oppose any forced labour, human trafficking, exploitation of young people or any other form of harassment or abuse.
- We undertake all reasonable and practical steps to ensure that these standards are maintained.