We’re pleased to say that the Breeze travel app – on which Unicard worked with our partners Solent Transport and Trafi – was Highly Commended at the 2023 Transport Ticketing Awards.
The app received the commendation in the category of Best MaaS Initiative at the awards, which were held as part of this year’s Transport Ticketing Global event at Olympia London.
Pictured below at the awards are (from left) Unicard’s Sean Dickinson and Peter Verrept, Trafi’s Damian Bown, and Solent Transport’s Steve Longman and Lauren Ward.
The Breeze travel app was developed for the Solent region and is the UK’s first multi-city Mobility-as-a-Service (MaaS) app. It’s a revolutionary new way to book and pay for journeys across all types of transport, including buses, trains, ferries and e-scooters/bikes. It also acts as a personal travel assistant: helping to find the quickest, cheapest and greenest route.
Solent Transport recently announced that it has become the first UK local transport authority with accreditation to retail rail tickets through its multi-modal MaaS offering.
Unicard’s Rail Suite platform, designed to support rail accreditation, has enabled Solent Transport to sell rail tickets through its Breeze app. You can read more about this here: Unicard | Rail Suite platform powers first in rail ticketing (unicard-uk.com).
Our Unicard team were at our Transport Ticketing Global stand (pictured below) over the two days of the event, where we showcased exciting new products, including:
- Multi-operator, multi-token ticketing for commercial schemes including ITSO, cEMV, and barcode
- Account Based Ticketing for fare capping and multi-operator ticketing
- Generating commission revenue by selling accredited UK rail tickets
- Managed services for customer care, financial settlement and reconciliation, and fraud detection and hotlisting
- A Home-to-School scheme combining public and private transport
- An affordable off-the-shelf public transport app to improve delivery of multi-modal services
- Concessionary travel scheme systems for youths, veterans, refugees, and jobseekers
- Transport management for carbon reduction and net-zero initiatives
Transport Ticketing Global is the world’s largest transport forum event for vendors involved in the future of smart ticketing and mobility.
You can find out more about Transport Ticketing Global here: https://www.transport-ticketing.com