- Develop, enhance, debug, and support, software applications that support business units or supporting functions.
- Participate in the design, development and implementation of complex applications, using a mix of technologies.
- Provide technical direction and system architecture for individual initiatives.
- Recommend system solutions by comparing advantages and disadvantages of development alternatives.
- Analyze existing application behavior and apply optimizations or suggest improved processing algorithms
- Identify and resolve performance bottlenecks
- Update job knowledge by researching new internet/intranet technologies and software products.
- Participate in educational opportunities
Required Technical / Professional Expertise
- Extensive experience with Java 1.8, J2EE 6 / 7, JSP, HTML, CSS, Relational Databases, JSON/XML
- Knowledge of Struts/JSF/Stripes, MVC framework concepts in general.
- Experience with SOAP and REST based web services, certificate secured channels, HTTP protocol
- Other technologies we use and experience is valuable: Angular 1.x, Wildfly, CDI, IBatis, Eclipse, Maven, Docker, SVN
- Ability to communicate and apply common architectural design patterns across a wide range of technical problems
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU ARE LOCAL TO THE BOURNEMOUTH AREA AS REGULAR TRAVEL TO THE OFFICE IS ESSENTIAL.