As the Lead Dev Ops engineer you will be joining the Technology team, focused on changing how our development teams work – leading the change into AWS. It’s key that the individual brings personal accountability and ownership of the role – they will be offered the (supported) autonomy to determine best practice, and well as the scope to determine what any future methodologies Unicard should be looking to embrace. Having worked in a software environment before, you will need to translate complex technical understanding for both a technical and non-technical audience. Ideally a talented individual with the passion to develop themselves, our business and our colleagues, within cloud based architecture with scope to express themselves.
- Deploy, manage, and operate scalable, highly available, and fault-tolerant systems on cloud platforms.
- Implement and control the flow of data to and from cloud.
- Identify appropriate use of AWS and/or Azure operational best practices.
- Estimate AWS usage costs and identify operational cost control mechanisms.
- Migrate on-premises workloads to AWS.
- Pro-active communication of technical problems and issues.
- Approximate time spent on AWS workloads is 80%.
- Implement and manage continuous delivery systems and methodologies on AWS.
- Implement and automate security controls, governance processes, and compliance validation.
- Define and deploy monitoring, metrics, and logging systems on AWS.
- Implement systems that are highly available, scalable, and self-healing on the AWS platform.
- Design, manage, and maintain tools to automate operational processes.
- Working with DevOps engineers to identify areas of skill improvement and transfer knowledge.
- Good communicator at all levels
- Approachable and pro-active approach
- Takes personal responsibility
- Open, trustworthy and trusting
- Able to advise and direct stakeholders
- Ability to influence and win respect
- Working in an agile environment
- Elastic Stack
- CI/CD tooling such as Jenkins
- Working knowledge of AWS
- Attention to detail, drive for results, work independently
- At least one scripting language, python/JS/go/ruby
- Happy working with Linux and Windows, and troubleshooting issues on both
- Comfortable training and providing guidance to the rest of the team
Essential Technical Expertise
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional Certification
- Ideally has come from a development background or has a strong understanding of technology and how developers think
- Demonstrable record of AWS, micro-services
- Extremely proficient with AWS across a wide range of services. Can back this up with examples of where they took a leading role in implementation from design to handover, not just working as part of a large team.
- Good communication skills are essential in order to get to the best solution or options for the customer.
- Experience with IAC (Cloudformation/Terraform) and understands best practice around starting projects using these tools
- Proven history of config management, CICD, scripting, automation and monitoring
- Presentable and articulate
What We Offer
- Knowledge sharing (working with experienced professionals)
- Great work environment and friendly atmosphere
- Company funded health cash plan
- Office with a central location or opportunity to work completely remote
- Additional health cover
- Auto-enrolment for pension
- Regular team-building and office events
- Career development
- Competitive remuneration package